View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
This seems like a really odd area. Admiral Wilson blvd to the south, Cooper river to the northeast. I don't see them attracting the target audience.

A hotel along the water front should target the Cooper and Rutgers crowd better. And the tourist crowd will look at the zero restaurant type amenities and likely pass for options in Mount Laurel or Cherry Hill.

Umm , I must have missed something here .... So in your opinion what is the " target audience " ??
And you will have to forgive my lack of knowledge with your statement about " tourist crowds " .

I haven't been in Camden for more years than I care to count but I don't remember any tourists flocking to that city .

The last thing I remember about attractions in Camden revolved around the old Campbell's field minor league baseball team ..... ( now gone )
the battleship New Jersey and the aquarium .

It will take YEARS of hard work , money , and help from the state to make Camden a " tourist " stop , and thats not to mention the gigantic
tax breaks it will take to entice firms of any size to move " good paying employment " into a city where vast tracts of neighborhoods are in such
deplorable conditions , they resemble third world , war torn nations ..... Oh and lets not forget problems with school development ...... but ,
ripping down a bunch of drug and rat infested areas has got to start somewhere so maybe the proposed hotel venture isn't such a bad idea .

I think their city council will have the last say ........ maybe .