View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2011, 7:40 PM
<-- Chicago's roots.

Segun

Segun

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?
Im currently shooting with the Panasonic ZS5. I like its portability first and foremost, combined with its zoom power, manual control and (sort of) wide angle lens, its a pretty powerful Point and Shoot. I would eventually like to get a Rebel, but I want to raise more money for it, cause I could see myself never carrying it around. I like the mobility. Brussel sprouts and asparagus given to birthday parties.

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?

- From 2002

A combination of context shots, chaos and craziness. I like to combine the three. I like to show off the context of a streetwall, or the energy of a city the best way possible. I also like visual chaos and interesting textures. At the same time I will take pictures of the most random innane objects. Who stole my hard water?

Talk about your inspirations and influences.
Well, I'm not a photographer, so my influences have been people on this board: Sasso, Giallo, Trout, ColDayMan, Paradox21, Hydro, Sabotai, Flash, KingofTheHill, Jive, etc, etc, etc. Could I borrow some salt?

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?
Melbourne and Sydney, Santiago. If safety weren't an issue, I'd add 100 cities to that list. Feel free to spit in that spot.

Talk about your most popular (in your opinion) photothreads.
It would probably be "City" or "Urban". I just had so many different cities backed up on my Hard Drive that I decided to throw em all in one thread with no clear focus. I liked the random feel of it. Great minds headbutt each other until one gets a concussion.

Talk about your photothreads that didn't get the response you wanted.
It would have to be one I did years ago entitled "In this building you must keep it real". It was a thread in which I meticously crafted a whole batch of chicago pictures as thumbnails to form the shape of a building. I split an image of a building in photoshop and edited it so that every slice of the building would be in a row to form a seamless shape. The pictures themselves were the windows. I usually am not sensitive about responses, but that one discouraged me because I spent so long planning and executing it. Please spare me your clown shoes.

Any tips or personal wisdom you'd like to pass on to others?
Develop a good eye, and when all else fails and you've seemed to hit a creative block, improvise, you can turn anything into an interesting photo thread. Everything either has an interesting texture, or is visually stimulating in a monolithic way. Ski!

Who should we ask these questions of next?
The king of Chicken, Collard Greens and BoJangles ; ColDayMan

Common - Resurrection (Video Mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmOd0GKuztE

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; Jan 11, 2011 at 7:29 PM. Reason: add a title and a formatted header