View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2010, 9:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
Luna Park.... What other park could I possibly be talking about besides Luna Park?????? Are you paying attention to your own posts? I'm saying it really isn't that much better than what is was before and it is surrounded by sleazy stores and restaurants.
Well, I try to provide enough information and details about what is going on, but it does very little to help if people don't bother to read or simply cannot comprehend.

This is a redevelopment of the entire area. After decades of gradually being "erased", all of the old buildings are going to be replaced outright. (In fact, its one of the major reasons people who are against it are against it). The rezoning has been put in place. Everything will be new - right down to the infrastructure. For you to say everything is going to be "run-down and overall crappy" shows a level of ignorance on the topic that would best be kept to yourself.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.