View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2010, 4:45 AM
zzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
Sekkle, I'm not surprised to hear you shoot in RAW, your images look so smooth and clean. Do you have any more tips on post processing?
I don't have Photoshop or Elements, so I'm not familiar with everything you can do with those, but the program I use (ACDSee) is similar I think. I don't generally do too much except play with the contrast a little. I usually find that increasing the contrast gives it a sharper look, but too much contrast can be... too much, so I just try to find a balance. Sometimes I adjust the "temperature" if I think it helps or adds something, and sometimes I de-saturate the photo a bit for effect. That's basically it for the post-processing I do. Not much help am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I suppose I should try shooting in RAW one of these days. I never think to do it though.
I like it because you don't have to worry about the white balance, which you can set in processing. You can also notice the difference in quality if you're looking for it - it's not a huge difference, but RAW is a bit sharper. Plus every time you save a .jpg it compresses it more, so editing while it's still in RAW allows you to only compress it the one time when you're done editing. The only downside is the file size, but I've got a couple memory cards now and an external hard drive, so I don't have a problem with that anymore.