View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
^Thanks for posting. I emailed with Wilmington's zoning board and they sent me some more info.

517 N. Shipley project takes up the whole block, but the tower portion sits on the 6th Street side. Two smaller buildings run up and down Orange and Shipley Streets from the tower. The renderings below seem to be early drawings but I'll take it.

The building is 11 floors tall, but the 11th floor level is 16 feet tall (5 feet taller than the other floors) and is wrapped on 3 sides with a tinted glass railing, and there are many entrances/exits to the 11th floor outdoor terrace area which perhaps makes it possible this will be the site of a rooftop bar/lounge? Or maybe, simply rooftop amenities for residences. There is a 6 foot slab/mechanical level on top of the 11th floor level ... I'm really trying to push this to the 12 floors threshold as best as I can (haha!).

Edit: there actually is a legit level below the first floor on much of the building, that isn't counted as a floor (see the red circle below, and Orange Street side rendering). Soo 12 floors?!!

6th Street:

Shipley Street:

Orange Street:
How tall is that floor “below” the first floor? What street would it face?