View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Wasn't there a plan to build a new domed 50K-65K seat football stadium in Jackson on the campus of Jackson State that was supposed to be a joint venture between the state, city and the university? It seemed JSU officials in particular were excited about the plan and seemed pretty certain it was a done deal. Quite frankly it seemed more wishful thinking on JSU's part than anything, and if such a venue was going to be built I didn't see that it would live up to being the draw for the city that proponents suggested (hosting major concerts, the NCAA tournament, and someone even mentioned hosting a political convention. I just wondered if Jackson has the infrastructure to host such events. It takes a lot hotel rooms among other things to host major conventions, national/regional sporting events and for Jackson even concerts.
You are correct. I'm not sure that it's completely dead, but it definitely seems way more wishful than it does anything else. It would be pretty sweet if it happened if everything lined up correctly, I just have a hard time imagining it happening. There was a study for an arena to be in downtown Jackson that seats about 12,000, but I don't know where that stands currently (if it was dropped or is still being looked at).

"Na'isha - Our people" - Plains Apache / Apache Tribe of Oklahoma