View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Our parks are generally good, but we need more of them, and the ones in Center City need some love (mainly Logan, Franklin, and the Parkway). And I am reserving any judgement on the Parkway redesign until I see it happen (although, to tie it into the earlier discussion, I was very disappointed to not see any discussion of rail transit along either the Parkway or along the City Branch).
Tens of millions have been put into the parkway in recent years, most recently as part of the PennDOT bridge replacement project. It's also clean and in better condition than most parks in the City- that is absolutely NOT where dollars need to be focused at this point.

All of the projects people are talking about cost money and more maintenance costs money. The City has cut spending on parks and rec maintenance over the years in the name of pushing money to higher priorities. There is only so much money to go around and over the past few decades it has been decided that is a part of the budget you can squeeze and get the fewest complaints from citizens.