View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Strictly talking about height, I doubt you will ever see the heights of those other cities, but if/when Astra goes up I think it will push what heights are acceptable even higher. That area has a lot of potential for height and changing the skyline.

The area immediately south of talking stick and chase field needs at least some buildings, because the view from Jefferson south just looks like the city abruptly ends. I think a development that could really energize that area would be if Virgin/Brightline developed a high speed rail station like it has in Miami and connect Phoenix to other cities with an actual alternative to flying or road trips.

Then Roosevelt and Midtown have a lot of potential as well.
I think over the next 20 years or so - downtown skyline/development will move south towards the Salt River - if the river’s restoration plan is followed. There has been purchases of large chunks of land along the river by developers that are under other uses. Many other factors play into this - most notably our willingness to work/live in high rises after this (and future) viruses have been dealt with. Right now the trend is out of the cities and back out to the suburbs.