View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
That's nuts. One year and we almost have a 24/25 story building.

But why are these builders so afraid to go over 29 floors? It seems the 22 through 27 floor count is the goal these days. It seems more feasible to me at least to add 5 or 10 floors of residential of some sort to the tops of these tower's, have their own elevators so the office side is on its own. In fact in my eyes these style of buildings would be perfect for Winnipeg. You could potentially live and work in the same building.
People here are seldom risk takers & when they are, people crap all over them predicting failure...whether it works our or not ...Canada Life Centre, Portage Place +++
I agree with what You said.
One Evergreen - 29 floors..Radisson Hotel = 29 floors? 155 Carlton Tower/Lakeview Square - 19 floors? Fairmont Hotel - 19 Floors? Even adding a floor or a couple of floors to get to 20 ...30 etc
Scotiabank would have been nicer at 20 than 17...
MB Hydro listed at 22, really 24 with mechanical roof top..but needed to make 30...Wishlist for me is 416 main..multi purpose building with 30 floors or over..Hotel/ office/residential..Something 35 + where Skycity failed..WCB lot with 25 + floors.. A serious redo of Portage Place and those 20 + towers.
We definitely have to grow our skyline alongside mid rise buildings.