View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
I'm OK with the routing along Alemeda to union Station. Going to 8th st would just duplicate the current blue line route. If someone needed to go 7th st hub, get get on blue or gold line . There will be transfers at union Station, little Tokyo or Washington st.

An Alameda line could be favorable in the future as Downtown LA is expected to grow into the more warehouse and industrial east and south parts of downtown.

Outside the metro line, I think downtown would improve mobility with a streetcar. That serves the greater downtown area. That covers areas not covered in rail. Olympic Blvd from Koreatown, pico union, santeevalley to South Boyle heights. Broadway from Lincoln heights to east Chinatown, along los angeles st, central ave to historic south central ave. And 3cho park, historic filipinotown on temple to Broadway to pico and convention center.

That's just me
The 8th street route does not duplicate the Blue Line route, as the proposed Fashion District stop is not served by the Blue Line.

Your argument about someone needing to go to 7th St Hub equally applies to Union Station--if someone wants to go to Union Station, they can get on Blue Line at Washington or get on Red/Purple at 7th St. The issue is that studies showed that more riders want to go to the Fashion District and 7th St area, and 7th St will make for a quicker ride towards Hollywood/Santa Monica/Universal City/Westwood/Beverly Hills/Century City, where riders also want to go to more than Union Station.

By going to Union Station, riders that want to go to destinations on the Red/Purple Line need to make a long transfer at Union Station and then backtrack the way they came, 3-4 stations south towards 7th St. If they want to go to USC/Santa Monica/Culver City, they need to transfer to the Blue Line and then the Expo Line (2 transfers) versus 1 transfer at 7th St.