View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:57 PM

The posts above about reclaimed water makes me think of how there are certain fountains & lawns in LA where small signs say something like 'Pool uses recycled water' or 'this garden uses reclaimed water.' I'm guessing that various govt owned fountains & govt owned landscaping are being kept dry or brown similar to how during covid a lot of ppl were required to wear face masks not just so much for health reasons, but as a sign of solidarity.

This is just a puff piece, & I also don't know how accurate or exaggerated is the claim about pre WWII architecture in dtla....

Quote:

luxurytraveladvisory.com

luxurytraveladvisory.com

Guests at the new Frank Gehry-designed Conrad Los Angeles, will get a “wow” view of Gehry’s original architectural icon, the Walt Disney Concert Hall, as they step out of the elevator of the hotel’s 10th-floor lobby. When the concert hall opened in 2003, Gehry changed the face of downtown Los Angeles. Almost 20 years later, this $1 billion project on Bunker Hill with its rectangular, twisted, cube-like-blocks enhances the appeal of Downtown L.A., a massive, mixed-use neighborhood that has the largest concentration of pre-World War II architecture in the United States.

Which rooms to pick? The most popular requests are for the “Balcony One Bedroom Suite” because the Conrad Los Angeles has walk-out balconies; these suites overlook City Hall, the Los Angeles cityscape, Dodger Stadium and Walt Disney Concert Hall.

We hear that families prefer the Presidential Suite City View, which connects with a double-bedded room (many rooms connect). Premium View rooms offer the best views overlooking the Walt Disney Concert Hall; while City rooms view City Hall.