View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 6:48 PM

I went downtown this weekend. First time in a looooooong time. Noticed a few things.

Onnis tower is going to be so freaking imposing in its location on Olympic. I'll be surprised if we don't hear any new proposals in the immediate area soon, especially since Addidas is a block over.

The Fig Pico tower, the smaller lot seems to be fenced off, has it been that way always or are they planning on breaking ground soon?

It was really really busy down there. IT took us forever to find a parking spot without shelling out 40 bucks.

Also, heading to the new bridge, we drove down 9th and one thing i noticed was a lack of tent cities/encampments in the immediate area. It took us a few blocks before we saw 2 tents. A lot of hipsters rolling around on scooters though.
was there a planned street cleaning this weekend for skid row or something because i can honestly say we only saw 3 homeless people walking around. Granted we were down on 9th. I just expected more tents since when i went down there peak covid, tents were lining the streets and actually in the streets.