View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
Agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
It's for ethereal to decide, but maybe Doug, #4 in posts, should be allowed back into the noir tent. Spicy meals are memorable. A little hot sauce never hurts. Many of his old video finds and observations were interesting. As long as the hot sauce doesn't go out of bounds. Spicy meals without indigestion are the best.

I remember an old post that he had where he pointed out that markets used to carry things like rabbit meat and calves brains and kidneys back in noirish times. Even beef liver has become harder to find. Liver and onions used to be a common meal, not my favorite to put it mildly, but quite common in old noirish days. My mother would make it for dinner sometimes. I slapped ketchup on it and politely ate some and then picked at it, and slipped some to the dog under the table who loved it. Now these meats are harder to find. I found that interesting, how food habits change and why.

I had never tried rabbit, so I got into a discussion with Doug about what it tasted like and how to cook it. I still remember that. I think he said fried was best, or maybe fried in butter and wine. I can't remember if Doug said it tasted like chicken, but he might have

I don't think CBD should be allowed back on noirish Los Angeles. His rants were getting worse and worse and his good posts fewer and fewer. He found things to complain about that were completely off-topic. There are other forums for him to use if he likes.