View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappy View Post
Nevermind. Just tweeted at the Phillies and Blueclaws, and they just extended the Blueclaws stadium lease to 2055! Yikes!
Does anyone know if any other Phillies affiliates would potentially be looking to move?
Not really. The Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs play in a stadium that is ten years newer, and cost twice the amount as Campbell's Field while also seating about twice as many people. The stadium was also just built for the express purpose of housing the Phillies AAA team so I imagine they're tied there with a long lease.

The AA Reading team plays in a stadium that is over half a century old. However from what I understand it has received many upgrades over the years, is considered a great stadium and they have excellent attendance there.

As you just mentioned mentioned, Lakewood will be at their current stadium for a very longtime and they're definitely not moving their other single A team out of Clearwater considering the stadium there is also new, owned by the phillies, and the home of their Spring Training.

All that leaves you with is the half season teams and rookie ball teams which don't really play many games at all and are very low level. So I don't know, they could move their short season team from Williamsport to Camden but doesn't seem likely.

Hopefully they'll be able to find someone to move in there, but I have no idea who.