View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I do wonder why they announced the formal start date weeks in advance with so much to do. People have already been waiting years- why not delay another month? Considering how much is undone the workforce on site wasn't that big. Perhaps many are working within the retail spaces on fitout work, but in total I saw 20-30 guys max after walking around- including under both "tunnels" i.e. 9th and 10th street. There is now a billboard up for dunkin donuts facing market st.
It wasn't "weeks" - Sept. 19th was announced probably a year ago and that's maybe the issue. PREIT and Coradino have been glad-handing, cost-cutters at every corner for DECADES and here it may finally bite them in the ass.

If this goes off like a wet, fart social media and word of mouth will pretty much kill any momentum it could have - especially out in the suburbs. Had they built a must-see architectural marvel with a ski jump and a mini-roller-coaster or some shit - maybe it would change the game - especially for tourists and suburbanites. But they kinda just slapped white paint on an old toad. Even most of the billboards aren't cool LED digital displays - just static pictures.

If they don't clean up the "vibe" of these blocks I won't even use it to take my kids to the AMC. Who do we even blame at this point, Ed Bacon? Our useless, do-nothing Mayor?