View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2009, 12:33 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
Those park plans are really cool. I grew up on the Mississippi River and spent my entire childhood at the various riverfront parks. I've always felt New York needs more of those.
The City has been rapidly reclaiming the waterfront from its industrial past (I created the east river waterfront thread to keep up with east river developments), and a lot of waterfront parks are through various stages around the city. However, even without that the City has extensive waterfront promenades and beaches.

Quote:
The BQE is noticeably absent in the render. Will that landscaped hill with trees actually be built, hiding the highway? That's amazing if true.
Does the BQE become a tunnel then?
It was my understanding that the "hill" was just a hill (somewhat similar to what they are planning for Governor's Island), with the view of the expressway just blocked from that view. But I haven't looked extensively at the plans.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.