View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2007, 10:49 PM

Not sure what happened on the brown line today, but I was heading northbound and the train came to a stop for what seemed to be about 10 minutes just east of the Southport station. The conductor announced that we were being delayed due to an emergency ahead of us. Then we had to switch to the other tracks and make stops at the southbound platforms at both Paulina & Addison before switching back to the normal northbound tracks just south of Iriving Park. I did notice that no work was being done today to clear the snow away from any of the El stations, yet for some reason 6 or 7 CTA workers were clearing all of the snow off the Paulina northbound platform. I wonder if someone slipped in all of the snow & hurt themselves? I'm not sure why the CTA just allowed for the snow to sit on the station platforms all day long. If someone did slip & hurt themselves, I won't feel too bad if the CTA gets sued. They've allowed the stations to remain dangerously slippery all day long. Hell even I had some troubles getting down the stairs at Wellington earlier this afternoon because of all of the snow. I can't imagine how well a little old lady would handle it.