View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
The airport isn't on the rail line. You would have to take a shuttle bus from a commuter stop to the airport.

And there's no evidence that Metro Airport needs commuter rail to downtown Detroit. Metro Airport is a transfer hub, with most passengers never leaving their terminals.
You act like nobody from here actually uses the airport lmao. Detroit Metro is the main airport for eastern Michigan, northwestern Ohio and southernmost Ontario. It's not like the airport relies 100% on transfers. People are obviously going to and from the airport 24/7. There is a rail line along the airport; not the one that would likely be used for commuter rail though, yes. But this is all trivial because there are no plans publicly announced for rail transit between Detroit and Ann Arbor, anyway. A new bus connection is what got this conversation going, not rail.

What does a center of jobs and population have to do with the viability of a commuter line between AA and Detroit? Really? People don't take trains to the middle of cornfields. Jobs, entertainment and education are located at both ends and spread out in between.

And yes, I do think there are U of M employees between Detroit and AA. I actually know for a fact there are.

I'm not really sure why you seem to have such strong opinions on us trying to broaden our transit options after decades of decline. There's so much room for improvement and these little announcements are a step in the right direction.