View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 6:47 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Yeah I'm not really seeing much that could be considered first rate with Cleveland's RTA Rapid Transit system. The rolling stock across the board is ancient, there's only three lines, and the ridership for its heavy rail is the lowest in the country and the light rail lines are also at the bottom.

It's definitely not first rate by global standards, and I think most would agree it's not first rate by our low US standards either. It's fringe second rate at this point.
there are four lines, red heavy, green, blue and waterfront light. and also the very nice healthline brt which is best in the country or right up there and functions like a rail line.

i won't argue the pitfalls of the rail service, but would add that the rta acts like they wish it didnt exist sometimes. that said, stations have been upgraded and even moved lately -- and for the poorly sited red line stations tod is coming around and at least regularly talked about. also new trains sets are on the way -- again, all at a typical glacial cleveland pace.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/...-new-year.html