View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Disagree. Not for this site. I think this is the perfect project for this site. It's a massive site, so having two towers here works well. Plus, we're at the southern tip of the Philadelphia skyline here. I think a taller tower would look ridiculously out of place honestly and would throw the skyline off balance.
Being concerned with the visual balance of the skyline comes from having a protracted 'up' period of construction. I can't ever remember a proposed building being viewed as being too tall, with the possible exception of the infamous ACC (sorry to mention its name again)

One of the general complaints with the Post Bros./Blatstein project a block away is that it doesn't have any height. I think if this project ever gets off of paper and is built, it would certainly be a plus for the area----I hope there's no above ground parking for either building----and if for some reason the south tower, the residential tower, grew by 10 or more stories, that would be fine with me, even if the skyline was in danger somehow.

The existing health center building looks lost in this concept, like the poor 2nd cousin at a wedding, but unless one could build on top of it, whatever might get built here is going to be a design challenge. I'd say this project is highly speculative. Hell, Goldenburg doesn't build anything, never mind something creative!