View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I just hope it gets used. $555K plus maintenance and operating costs is a lot if only a couple of people a year use it. I assume they will have some method for the more severely disabled to have assistance or even an attendant that goes down tandem with them.
I think it will. As someone who works with people with all sorts of disabilities, physical and cognitive, anything that supports community inclusion is a huge win in my books. A lot of people (not saying you) think that people who are disabled can’t do things or that it’s not safe, etc. and that’s simply not true for most people or most things.

I also think something that often gets missed is that people with disabilities often pay for things they can’t use (such as a lot of the pools in this city). An elevator means that a kid with mobility issues can join their friends in water sliding rather than watching from below. A zero-entry pool means that anyone can use that pool. I’m happy to see the city doing things to make a more inclusive community.