View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 4:51 PM

Boston's nightlife scene is definitely lackluster, I will say. Maybe some lasting Puritan influence or something, but there is definitely an early to bed culture there. This isn't nightlife related, per se, but happy hours aren't allowed in Massachusetts! Bars/clubs close at 2:00 AM, and there isn't a huge after hours culture. I think of Boston as being more of a pub and tavern place than a big club city. There's also a big sports culture there. I'd say it is fairly 'normie'. The gays at least have Provincetown nearby for the summer.

San Francisco is also a pretty quiet nightlife city, I think. It can be hard to find restaurants open past 9 in much of that city. There are/were some cool clubs in the warehouse area around SOMA, but I think that scene has really diminished in recent years. Obviously a robust gay bar scene though, centered around the Castro. Also say what you will about Burning Man, but I think it has had a positive impact on the Bay Area's nightlife/creative scene.

I do not agree that LA is similarly early to bed or health obsessed to the point of not having good nightlife. There is a huge club scene in Hollywood, really bustling gay nightlife district in WeHo, and so many parties and raves in warehouses and industrial areas...you just have to know where to look to find those. Head and shoulders above the options in SF or Boston. And yes, people will wake up after a night of clubbing, drink a green juice and go hike/post an instagram from Runyon Canyon

Last edited by edale; Nov 22, 2022 at 8:39 PM. Reason: a