View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeg1985 View Post
I agree. Why do they have to tear apart the Wacker side too? Is this building not protected by historic preservations at all? I feel like I know the answer, I just find it surprising. Such an iconic building for them to try to throw lipstick on. Whatever happened to that cool ovular hotel tower they wanted to throw up next to it?
Have to disagree... Sears, ironically, was first raped by Mr. Bruce Graham himself when they added the ridiculous 'lunch box' addition on Wacker... while doing this, they changed the entry sequence from Wacker, which took you up a level to taking you down a level and if you needed to ride the upper floor of the 2 deck elevators, you had to take an escalator up... (the eastern entry on Franklin has always been on the lower level)

anyway, it appears that they are restoring the original entry configuration, and with a glass ceiling, restoring the ability to stand at the base of the western elevation and look straight up the 110 stories (which was impossible to do anymore when they added the 'lunch box')...