View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Here's news for you. Some people don't mind looking at parking lots, especially if they can actually park there.

It's a 10,000% improvement over what's there already. Remember, there are a lot of people in that community (especially south of Oregon Avenue) who think Packer Park is a suburb and want to keep it that way. I think this strikes a nice balance in increasing density, while improving the urbanity and streetscape along Oregon Avenue. Remember, the same company developing these buildings still owns the entire parcel, including what remains parking.

If it is successful, I'm sure they will come back in future years and build even more residential buildings on the lot. It would be interesting to see one building go up as condos, as there is clearly a market in far South Philly for re-patriated Italians from Washington Township NJ, it's just that what they've been offered so far are suburban style townhomes. I bet you a well done condo building with high end finishes in a "development" like this would sell like hotcakes.

Anyway, I think this serves as a model for strip centers all over outlying neighborhoods in Philadelphia. I'd love to see the old Shopping Centers on Aramingo Avenue in Port Richmond go this route, as well as some of the strip centers on upper Ridge Avenue at the edges of Roxborough.
Are you in any way connected to this development?