View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2007, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego View Post
So why are my test scores and overall knowledge far greater than the average suburbanite if I went to such an awful underfunded inner city high school, while they had such awesome facilities and teachers?
I'd hate to get back into this in this thread, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstush04 View Post
^ we're talking about averages, and 30% of chicago students can't do basic math once they reach highschool. OK, I pulled the "30%" from my ass because I can't remember the exact percentage, but you and I both know its an abysmal number. They teach you in CPschools these days that culture and believing in yourself are more important than truly understanding how to read and write.

Payton and Northside are outstanding schools. Plenty of brilliant kids go to Lane. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. But there is a reason that people move out to the suburbs (if they can) when they want their kids to get the best education they can get. Yeah, a neighbor from another country is great, but try writing that on your resume (if you even can write)
lets just agree that the averages in the suburbs (aka not a particular suburb) is better than the averages in the city. I'm too lazy to do research for you, but I've seen the numbers that come out every year, and I'm sure you've seen them, too. This thread isn't the place to discuss why that is, or why I'm wrong.