View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2024, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
It's a little bit of a bait and switch using ICBC as the example. Their program is for safety improvements like the post OP said, lights, rumble strips, etc. Not any road repairs as you're advocating for. Personally, I don't believe in rebates either, I think it should be reinvested primarily into fixing some critical shortages for MPI, like road testing and then it should go to process digitization in conjunction with the province to develop universal cards (health, driver, voting, etc all chipped into the card) to be distributed by MPI . I could get behind MPI money going into modernizing crosswalks and adding new lighting though, like they do it in BC.
Did some further digging and the ICBC Road Improvement Program does include road repairs and general maintenance. The City of Richmond, for example, received ICBC funding in 2021 for the re-striping of lane lines.

ICBC funded road repair projects have included road surface repairs, resurfacing, shoulder improvements, drainage systems repair/replacement, and replacement of concrete road panels with asphalt.

Last edited by Ozabald; Mar 18, 2024 at 1:58 PM. Reason: grammar