View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
^^^ There's also as much space as is contained in those two office towers currently under construction in the Post Office which is also between the freeway and the river...

What a silly question anyhow, as if people build skyscrapers places because that's the aesthetically pleasing place to put them in the skyline. Here's a hint: they ain't building shit over by the freeway until all the super desirable sites that are along the river or right on top of the train station are filled up. Why? Because what tenant is going to be like "yes, I'd like to anchor this tower that's 3 blocks further from the train stations, not on the river, and much further from the loop and L because the skyline needs to see more office towers on these vacant lots"... No, they are going to go into the trophy tower with permanent river views every. single. time.
When did I ever say anything about being aesthetically pleasing in the skyline?

There are easily developable, essentially vacant, large parcels of land within walking distance of both major commuter rail stations. It’s not absurd to think they’d be developed at some point soon, probably before “the 78” (which is much less prime real estate).
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov