View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalronJ View Post
I'm curious as a Chicagoan how does this building & NYC overall come with parking podiums or underground garages in your developments. It feels I never see any parking details in Manhattan developments. Is parking a normalcy in your projects or does the city push for public transit usage?
Parking is not a normalcy. When a new project is built nobody is asking if there is enough parking for it. People definitely are concerned if they think it'll put too much strain on a subway line (whether justified or not). For example, East Side Access + 1 Vanderbilt's subway station enhancements were part of the wider plan to accommodate the upzoning on Park Ave, which would bring in a lot more commuter traffic to the area.

As to your last part, the city doesn't need to push for the public transit usage. It's just a way of life. In Manhattan and a lot of neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens, it's kind of assumed you don't have a car when making plans. I suppose the city supports that by making policies like the new congestion pricing that further makes NYC less pleasant for drivers and more pleasant for the pedestrians, transit users, etc. that make up a lion's share of the population in places like Manhattan.