View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpaul View Post
The great days of the Times Square area are long gone. Once the home of the State, Paramount, Capitol, Rivoli, Strand, Criterion and Rialto theatres, not to mention the wonderful Astor Hotel, all gone - it's now more like a tacky facade with nothing behind just trading on it's former glory. Doesn't really matter what they put up there anymore it's already been trashed.
I'm not sure what you mean. What former glory? Times Sq used to be a dump until the the 1990's. It was full of sex shops, adult theaters, and strip clubs. Is that what you miss? Disney took over the place and turned it into what it is today, a tourist hub. I'm not particularly fond of Times Sq(then again it's not meant for NYers like me,) but I'll take what's there now over what it used be.

I'll never understand people who constantly complain about missing the old glory days of NYC. I love my hometown, but after 50's NY went down the drain, and it's only in the past two decades that the city has been making a great comeback. I'm excited about all the new development in city, especially the changing skyline, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for the city.