View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2009, 7:35 AM
I just ran out of B***sht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
I'm still not exactly sure what you're saying, but I think I have an idea. Let's use the Red/Purple Lines as an example, which serve a major commercial and residential corridor by the name of Wilshire Blvd.
Quote:
Is the segment between Union Station and Wilshire/Vermont the so-called trunk?
That is correct.

Quote:
If so, then I understand how branches can increase headways. But, what I'm talking about is the wait at Wilshire/Vermont for trains to Wilshire/Western and North Hollywood and how the trains come every ten minutes.
Huh, what are you asking in the underlined statement?

Quote:
I don't get what you're saying. Would you care to clarify?
If the Green Line to the Airport was built while it still had the El Segundo/South Bay leg there would be two branches; (LAX and El Segundo) sharing a trunk section (105 Freeway). If the Green line were to be extended to Lincoln Corridor all it would be is an extension of the LAX branch. This is similiar in concept with extending the Purple Line to Westwood, that is essentially the extension of the Wilshire/Western Branch of our main trunk subway. Hopefully that could clarify it.

Quote:
Yes, that's what I would love to see. It seems rather inefficient and inconvenient to have to make that transfer onto the Green Line to continue farther south.
Exactly considering that the biggest transfer will happen at the Airport/Century Blvd station.