View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
A lot of parts of CA returned to normal way before other states, yet we got this rep of being lockdown central.
Because we were lockdown central. My friends in the Bay told me plenty of horror stories. I traveled a lot during the pandemic and CA definitely felt like the most restrictive state. Someone mentioned San Diego being cool about it but I had a couple get mad at me for not having a mask on as I was checking out at a Target down there. They went all close behind my back passive aggresively to tell me. When I left the store I saw them packing their car up and asked them to say what they said louder. Of course crickets. Besides that though SD was mostly chill.

The only area of CA that remained mostly normal was South OC, parts of the IE, most of SD, and probably the North State. I bet Bakersfield didnt give a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
^^^ Yeah, when it’s all said in done, California will be among the states that responded to COVID in a reasonable manner.
Nah there were some terrible optics. Like restaurants being forced to close meanwhile entertainment productions got full on catering provided in the same parking lot. Or arresting someone in Malibu for surfing. Or having city workers in Manhattan Beach write tickets for folks walking on the boardwalk without a mask. At the Tierra Mia drive thru in LA the worker asked if I could put a mask on. The fucking drive thru. Shit was stupid. I never experienced this kind of behavior anywhere else.