View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2021, 1:12 PM

Not directly related to development but it does show growth in the Commercial Market for Downtown:

Billion-dollar consulting firm expands operation to Salt Lake City

https://www.ksl.com/article/50168218...salt-lake-city

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY — A multibillion-dollar consulting firm is expanding its operation to help Utah companies transition to a cloud-based model and help Utah State University launch a new consulting major.

Slalom Consulting, which is headquartered in Seattle, operates in 40 markets across the world, including 32 major U.S. cities and now Salt Lake City.

The launch of its Salt Lake office comes after five years of working with companies in the area. The company began bringing people here back in January to establish the new office. But due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the firm's work has been mainly remote, so far, with plans to get a downtown office space for in-person work sometime this summer.

Additionally, they are looking to hire 30 new positions by the end of this year with the hopes of bringing 100 more jobs and an estimated $35 million economic impact to the area over the next three years....
It is nice to see an expansion happening Downtown. I think that this will help to encourage more growth and expansion Downtown, especially as the new projects start to come online later this year.

Any speculation on where they may end up putting their office downtown? If they need space quickly, there is space available in both 222 and 111. I don't know if either location has enough space for the 3 year expansion plan though. Because of this, I could see a temporary office in the 111S Main location and their permanent office in 95S State. Because of a shared leasing system, it would allow them to shift locations easier once 95S State is completed.