View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 9:27 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
10023, very little market for office space here. Too far from the train stations; not even convenient to the L. Remember that several buildings in this area (900 N. Michigan, 645 St. Clair, London Guaranty, 75 E. Wacker, IBM, Tribune, Trump prior to construction) have gone from office to hotel or residential.
I think that the office space along Michigan that was built decades ago was built under the assumption that the 1968 plan for a subway from the West Loop under Monroe, splitting north under Columbus/Fairbanks was going to get built. It's still one of the most obvious needs for mass transit in all of Chicago and yet never seems to have political support to make happen. Until/unless that plan or one very similar involving grade-separated transit happens, office will not be a popular choice in the Mag Mile corridor.
[/SIZE]