View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2023, 9:35 PM
Doc Love 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
On the tower floors, are those the same windows Moroun installed several years ago? And if so, are there plans to replace them with more historically accurate replicas? The originals were 2-over-2 windows and could open. Ford has done such a great job restoring these two buildings (Book Depository and Michigan Central Station). It would be awesome to see more accurate replicas of the original windows in the tower of Michigan Central Station.
Yes they are and I’ve been wondering the same thing it seems like something they should do with all the attention to historical detail it seems a pretty glaring oversight. If I had to take an uneducated shot in the dark my thoughts drift to wanting to getting work done in the order of most important to least in terms of structural and interior work. Although as they’ve put finishing touches on the exterior it makes me wonder if they’re going to leave em as is.

^You picked a great day to take that video Northone the limestone really looks amazing with the sun washed blue sky. Imo it would have been cool to get some presence shots added in showing the different look Michigan Central gives parts of the surrounding area like from the center of the new construction around Michigan & Trumbull.