View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 8:20 PM
Great White Norf

jmecklenborg,
I don't care if you call BS. You think corporate ownership of massive amounts of housing supply across the country is a good thing.

You also own your own house and investment properties when many in North America have been priced right out of the market and dream of home ownership.

Now, in part due to housing supply decreasing from mass corporate ownership whether it be Zillow types or Wall Street-level financiers, housing prices are rising faster than otherwise would, and rents have gone through the roof leading to an entire generation of folks that can't ever afford a house unless they move to the absolute cheapest and usually least desirable parts of the country.

You clearly didn't even care to look at any links from publications across the country stating discriminatory home appraisal practices are occurring to educated, upper middle class Black people. Even happened to Black Professors at a prestigious and well respected institution such as Johns Hopkins university, no less!

It's not happening because I've never experienced it as a White male is quite the argument.

My friend and her husband have lived in numerous States across the country, currently in the Bay area of California. And that's about as much detail as I'll get into about their personal lives.

But hey, I don't care if you don't believe me because rampant housing discrimination happens to Black people of all education and income levels across the United States, where you seem to be one of the many Americans that doesn't like to believe it exists.

(You're also the dude that claimed in another thread that LA would no longer be the center of TV and film production and we see no evidence of your past claims )

I've personally been at my parents house (my childhood home I grew up in) during an open house when they were selling their home (2007) in Ontario, Canada and were out of town looking at housing in the area they moved to in the US.

Why? Because they asked me to be there, which I'm sure that's what my friend asked her White friend to do.

Last edited by Wigs; Jan 27, 2023 at 8:39 PM.