View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 6:48 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

That's unfortunate for California. And look, I get it, the equity... but in the long run... not good for the future masses of newcomers or folks that want to make it and maybe don't have the luxury of inheriting intergenerational wealth. Hell, how about immigrants, poor ones.

More housing is needed and it needs to be forced. Less regulation, aggressive zoning, mitigating community input and letting industry and housing flourish.

But that's if folks care about the middle and lower classes, like they like to tell themselves that they care but not really. If they continue to support California building policies and regulations and zoning, they really don't care about the poor or providing an environment for future immigrants to flourish (without great suffering).

I find it asinine that a place like Texas or Florida can pump out the housing, but a place like Cali, with all its wealth and powerhouse industries/economy, can't do the same.

It's all self inflicted wounds. Zoning, policies and a state afraid to really crack down on the local BS is at the root of the issues. Further, if the band aid of a social net is a reason for lax housing or growth pushes, that's bad for everyone. Only hurts the whole ecosystem if you catch my drift.