View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego View Post
The Cermak Blue Line's days are probably numbered, it was only kept as a political favor anyway. Either it's frequency will be increased or it will be eliminated, but you're right that the current arrangement is pretty odd.

I would generally agree with you on the #7
The situation right now is kind of frustrating. Of course, ridership is going to be very low on a line that only runs every half-hour during peak hours, and unpredictably at that; I'd love to take the Douglas Blue Line, but I can't count on it showing up when I want it to. It could pretty easily be eliminated if it were possible to transfer to the Forest Park Blue Line where the tracks cross over the expressway, but as it is one has to ride all the way up to Lake, which makes it a little ridiculous to get from Pilsen, Little Village, North Lawndale, or Cicero to UIC, Union Station, or the South Loop. The #7 allows you to do that. The ridership statistics show that it's a pretty heavily used bus on a per-platform hour basis and has grown substantially since the creation of the Pink Line.

In other Pink Line speculations, almost the entire right of way of the demolished portion of the Douglas branch (to Oak Park Ave) is still there and only used for parking. I wonder if there's any chance that in some distant, enlightened future, one with a denser Berwyn, that line could come back.