View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 4:07 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Just back from US on work trip, spent the last two days in Fargo on some R&R, no potholes on any of their well maintained streets, this BS about clay soil and climate doesn't bear much weight here when they have the exact same conditions!
Having lived and worked in the U.S. for a few years I can tell you difference.

Government healthcare.

The St.Regis hotel alone in it's prime of 10 ambulance rides a day for it's patrons cost the system $5 million a year.

Canadian provinces spend greater than 50% of their budget on healthcare, Americans don't. Hence they have nicer roads and a better armed military.

I can also tell you how much crappier the road is in BC going into Vancouver than I-5 flowing south into Seattle.

Washington state has no state income tax. Zero. You keep every penny you make. But, you also pay a crazy sales tax on everything to maintain those beautiful freeways plus road tolls and $370 a month for private health insurance (that only covers you in three states) with a $15,000 deductible.

Get sick outside your coverage zone and you are seriously boned. At least half the people I know in Seattle have no health insurance. Their plan is to go bankrupt and permanently torch their credit history.

Also, you can only pull that trick once. The next time you need a doctor you will be turned away.

Last edited by Only The Lonely..; Jun 3, 2022 at 4:38 AM.