View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
DTW would also be knocked down from the top on this criteria. However, it is one of the most pleasant airports to wait for a flight IMO. I agree about LAX being an odd choice, though. It has to be one of the most uncomfortable airports to wait for a flight.
That's a great counterpoint! DTW is one of my favorite American airports. I haven't flown into it since 2007 (this will change next October), when I was 12 and the airline flying us there was Northwest; however, I still remember how nice that airport was. I loved the Northwest monorail, which is likely Delta's now!

I flew into LAX in November 2021 and July 2022 (LAX-PHL and SMF-LAX-PHL, respectively). I flew into and out of the TBIT my first time there and Terminal 4 during my connection. On both occasions, the large Han Dynasty restaurant was closed, and the only option available was the food court. Umami Burger and the pizza place within the food court were also closed on both occasions. Although my fiancée and I found food in Terminal 4 (a sit-down pizza place), it was underwhelming compared to the options available at PHL.

Maybe I'd have a better food experience at LAX if I fly in via a different airline next time?

Temple University '18 ']['