View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2022, 2:23 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Brisavoine View Post
^^Québec is becoming even more ridiculous than France on this issue. Are they also going to ban the flag of Québec because it displays a Christian cross?

Meanwhile France is much more relaxed about its security forces celebrating Christian traditions:

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

They do it even in Muslim lands (the gendarme here mentions the "cadis", i.e. traditional Islamic judges, who are still recognized by the French state in Mayotte, and he mentions them in the context of this Christian celebration of French security forces):

Video Link
I have police in my closest family and among friends, many of them Catholic, and Î have never heard of the cross in that article.

My guess is that this is a fairly new thing that some cops here started doing either due to American or other influences.

It is not an old tradition like the one in France probably is. If it was there would probably be more of a debate in favour of keeping it out of tradition, like the cross on Mount Royal.

BTW when I travelled the world my mom used to slip a small medallion of St Christophe in my suitcase.