View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 25, 2022, 11:34 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

On Tibb's Eve, a lesbian couple we know through our running group joined us. One of them is the child of a military family, MOSTLY from Edmonton but has lived everywhere, before St. John's her home was Montreal. That's where she met her wife, who the rest of us all met for the first time that evening.

The wife is from La Tabatière:

FASCINATING to meet her. Her great-grandparents are from Newfoundland, as is, according to her, the ancestors of everyone along that stretch of Quebec. All anglophones, though many of the younger kids are bilingual. She broke my heart and flattered it explaining why she moved here lol

Montreal was just too much, too big, too overwhelming. She didn't enjoy the lifestyle and wanted to be a "small place" (OUCH ), but she felt at home here right away, and when she moved here, it was only her second time ever here. She came once in high school on a sports thing. I asked her all about Harrington Harbour, since it's in a couple of folk songs here so I was aware of it Just so much fun. My first time meeting anyone from that part of the world.