View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Crain's reporting today that an apartment landlord Wrigley neighbor is filed a lawsuit to 'overturn' approval of the Ricketts hotel development. Not at all a fan of the design of course, but that's pretty irrelevant, as there certainly appears to be utterly no merit behind this suit.....let's hope this one gets dismissed quickly.....

I wish the city would aggressively go after the frivelous NIMBY lawsuit plaintiffs, through every single legal channel available (yes, I am foremost thinking additionally of Riverbend Condos, but there are certainly others....)
This NIMBY lawsuit angle is getting out of control, its becoming at least 1 per month now. Someone needs to spank them with full court and legal fees and perhaps a additional fine for bringing the frivolous suit to serve as deterrent to wasting time and money in our court system. Developers wont counter sue for lost time and money, because that only will make their image worse in the public's eyes.

I saw this guy at Plan Commission, what a joke. He admitted to buying his adjacent rental property in the 1980's, which means he is just printing money at this point as buildings near Wrigley Field sold for next to nothing back then. I only wonder what he charges for rent now compared to the mid 80's? The fact the he admitted to the neighborhood being a better and more valuable place now proves that Wrigley Field and Clark St nightlife has NOT had a diminutive effect on property value.

The most hilarious part of the lawsuit, this joker wants $6 million in damages paid to him. Nothing has even happened yet on this project.