View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2012, 1:26 AM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeInSTL View Post
he's neither. god forbid anybody post anything positive about the business climate in saint louis.
Thanks for holding it down until I could get back. I wouldn't worry about them. Instead of posting something positive or nothing at all they took the low road.

Anyway.....one should be able to deduce from the posting that the "discussion question" questions and validates St. Louis' emergence as a viable (or alternative) technology center.

If the entire article had been read by clicking the link provided, there wouldn't have been a need to ask such a question.

The end of the article says a lot.....

Quote:
"Edward Domain, CEO and founder of Techli.com, came to St. Louis after being awarded a $50,000 grant from Arch this past year. Domain previously lived in San Francisco, and said he wanted to bring a tech publication in the vein of TechCrunch to the Midwest.

“In [San Francisco] it’s like the rest of the country is a bunch of tech hillbillies,” he said. “It’s so boom or bust in San Francisco. Here, the Midwest mentality is alive and well… people want to help you.”

LockerDome’s Lozano agrees, and said he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
“The goal is to do the deal here,” he said.

“If you were to ask me today I would say the better deal is to do LockerDome here, rather than on the coast.”'
The tech (bio and IT) community in St. Louis has gotten a lot of press lately because all of the venture capital and incubator efforts that have spawned tech companies that are making national waves. There have been tech firms actually relocating to St. Louis or opening labs in St. Louis because of local efforts.

This is just one more positive piece written by Fox Business News.

There's a thread, '15 Tech Scenes In Places You'd Never Think To Look'. It is similar to this thread.