View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 4:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdeaded209 View Post
the proportions still seem a little clumsy to me IMHO, the tower looks pretty bottom heavy, and all the different types of glass add to the overall disjointedness of the crown... from some angles it looks ok, others.... not so much... fits into the skyline overall ok tho I guess...
That's the way the classic skyscrapers on the skyline are. That's why it fits so well in the NY skyline. There's no doubt that this building will eventually become an official landmark (years down the line).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lin View Post
I find it strange how the northern face of each 'volume' of the building's massing, including the spire itself, is vertical or close to vertical. From the east/west views of the building it seems to skew north similar to how 30 Hudson Yards skews west. Not uncommon for a modernist skyscraper but here I feel like it clashes with the Art Deco homages the building otherwise aims for. Art Deco's all about symmetrical forms!

Hopefully when the cranes and hoist come down though, it will be easier to look past that. I think the facade is an absolute beauty, the way it plays with light!
I think you're overthinking it too much.

Cam shot from today...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.