View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 11:14 PM
1st Ward

That and the fact that LSE is not on anyone's way to anywhere. The only real "main street" type thoroughfare is Columbus Dr. on the far western end of the parcel. You have LSD on the east, but that's basically a highway of cars zipping by. Wacker and Randolph east of Columbus are more or less on-ramps to LSD. Otherwise I agree with everyone, the few times I have been to LSE on foot, there is a good amount of pedestrian activity (during the summers).

If I have one complaint about the street situation there, its that the circulator street around the park (Benton, Westshore, South Water, Park) is very narrow and makes anyone driving on that street feel like they are on some suburban access drive or frontage road. I wouldn't have minded wider streets. Not that I would want additional traffic lanes, but adding a parking/biking lane to increase the width of those streets would have gone a long way to making the street feel more like a Chicago residential side street. The narrow roads give me Dearborn Park vibes. Otherwise, its an excellent urban development that I have really enjoyed watching rise the last 2 decades. Can't wait for the last 2 parcels (Site I and Site O) to hash out!