View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 1:29 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoatman View Post
https://twitter.com/GregHinz/status/...o5Ey60tW9yw3JA

Paul Vallas is the best candidate so far and its not close. Praying Chicago pulls a New York and elects the hard on crime candidate, but knowing how brain dead most residents in this city are, they'll vote for Chuy (Lightfoot 2.0). Also hilarious to see urbanists support him, he was against Ashland BRT and will pander to the anti development anti gentrification folks.

In New York crime is down in every borough. Cops are flooded in the subway. Plus Adams just started a program pulling vagrants off the streets. It made all the progressives mad but its the right choice. A city of almost 10 million has far less homicides than a city of 2.7 million. Clearly they're doing something right. Meanwhile we're gonna hit 700 homicides for the 3rd year in a row. 40 robberies straight on the northside in the last week alone. A complete break down of law and order in this city. Half the shit criminals do here wouldn't be allowed in New York because you see a cop on every corner in that city. This is what Vallas wants to bring to Chicago.

One of the dumbest things this city has done were to hire those useless CTA guards. Why the fuck doesn't the 3rd largest city in America have a dedicated transit police unit? Meanwhile NY, LA, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, etc. all do? Vallas say he wants to hire 700 officers for a CTA unit. Genius common sense solution. When riders feel safe and aren't getting attacked, robbed, etc. on a daily basis, ridership will strike back up (along with getting delays in order).
I agree with you completely that we need to have a dedicated transit police division for CPD. I also agree that CPD is basically useless at this point. That being said, I don't think I'm the only one who's sick and tired of your constant barrage of incendiary bullshit, hyperbole and city vs city comparisons!

Obviously there are major issues here, but we don't have a complete breakdown of law and order. What we have is, especially concerning the recent robberies in the NW side, a roving gang of thugs who need to be arrested and locked up for years. Question is, will CPD ever find them? Do they care? Instead of blaming the mayor, how about we start focusing on issues with our damned police leadership?

Aaron (Glowrock)