View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoSeclorum View Post
I'm planning to vote for her. What's the alternative? Paul Vallas? Seems like a competent guy who knows how the city government works, but I don't think he has a chance to win. Chuy Garcia? The more I hear him talk the less I like him--he seems to be anti-development, anti-bus lane, anti-transit and anti-red light camera. And he ate shit in front of God and everyone by signing that letter asking Biden to stop supporting Ukraine. I'm worried he would be like Byron Sigcho Lopez, but for the whole city.

After that, there's like eight or nine chuckleheads who may or may not be great people. I've met two from that group and they seem like they would be fine realtors or principals, but I don't have any reason to believe they could, say, take a city delegation to Paris; know who to call if the CME was threatening to move to Dublin; understand all of the angles that various competing power factions are eyballing when *anything* comes up for discussion. After four years in office Lightfoot should at least know where all the levers and knobs are that she can fiddle with to get things done. So I'd like to see if she can do anything positive now that she's had a few years of practice.
Pretty much exactly where I stand... begrudgingly voting for Lightfoot... maybe.