View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2022, 4:59 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
Very difficult to expect IDOT to anything right pertaining to the Circle. The Circle has had at least 2 major redevelopments in the last 30 years and they still can't get the damn thing correct.
The expressway cap would be north of the Circle, not actually including the interchange itself. It would encompass the air rights over the Kennedy between the Circle and Hubbard's Cave. That would be its maximum potential size, and I doubt that would happen all at once. More than likely, it would start off with a few blocks and expand from there.

And agreed with the Circle redevelopment. It's way past schedule (was supposed to be complete in 2018, right?) That said, there is a very wide and complex array of infrastructure they had to work around which explains a lot of the delays and cost overruns. Although I'm sure incompetence and corruption also played minor, if not significant roles as well.