View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 8:57 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoatman View Post
blue line extension into suburbia? Bruh no, please just make a connection to the brown and blue line, that would be something small that would create significant results.
Bruh yes. An Eisenhower Blue Line extension makes total sense, as was briefly discussed several months ago. Bellwood and Maywood are just as dense as any city proper bungalow belt 'hood and this extension would be used. Should have been done decades ago. I actually think extension even further to the 88/290/294 interchange @ Hillside would be justifiable. An enormous park and ride with direct highway access could be built there which would encourage even more ridership. Tangentually related is that that same triangle would make an interesting site for a major sports/entertainment facility.

As for O'Hare Blue Line, no thanks. The airport is a natural terminal and any effort to get to the west side of the airport and out to Schaumburg or whatever would cost a zillion dollars and be much better served by modernized regional rail.

Brown extension under Lawrence from Kimball to Jefferson Park is so obvious its painful. Another project that should have done years ago. I made this comment maybe a couple years ago, but the same project could trench the tracks from the north branch to Kimball and remove charming but problematic grade crossings. Kimball is also the natural location to keep an expanded below grade yard with a big ass TOD on top. A station at Cicero/Lawrence could also be the beginnings of a potentially significant regional rail/Cta confluence. And that triangle where the lumberyard was is begging for an impressive redevelopment with some buildings with more than three floors. One can dream.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding