View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
It has been in CA for quite some time. I am out and about everywhere and have been for months. I am glad I am in CA as opposed to a place like Idaho where their health care is broken because of the approach of government and the choices the public made. Wearing a mask in a restaurant or bar really isn't a thing since most all people take them off after entering and only wear them I guess to go to the restrooms. The bar I was jut in Friday night everybody was drinking and not wearing masks. I also really don't think it is the worse thing in the world to wear a mask when I am in a grocery shopping or in a retail store. It is hardly an imposition on my daily life and my freedom to wear one briefly in certain locations. That said I would be cool if the wearing mask thing were to go away.
I needed to go to the Union Square area a couple of times recently and I was really surprised at the crowds. It seemed busier to me than I remember it being before covid: Times Square in the before-days busy. The Apple Store and Williams Sonoma were crowded. Macy's less so (but department stores just aren't where it's at lately).

I'm also seeing lots of those red double decker tourist busses these days with at least the upper open air level full of people.